- Identifying physiological and chemical disorders
- Developing a Greater Awareness of Your Vineyard’s Condition
- Cane Positioning
- Considerations for the Mechanical Pruning of Concord grapevines
- Growing Table Grapes in a Temperature Climates, MSUE Bulletin E2774. Includes a discussion of parts of the grapevine and the fundamentals of pruning grapevines.
Spring freeze - frost protection in vineyards
- Factors Related to Spring Frost Damage: What Are the Options
- 2002 Michigan grape growing season - effects of frost
- See articles in our weather/climate section for managing vineyards after frost and more tips for improving your vineyard’s air flow
The future: Unmanned systems and technology
- NEW: Unmanned Systems and Technology Applications in Viticulture, Weathering the Climate: Cultivation and Technology in Grape Production conference on Sept. 5, 2014
Understanding grapevine structure
- Structure of a Grapevine Part 1: Basic parts of a dormant grapevine.
- Structure of a Grapevine Part 2: Basic parts of a dormant grapevine.
- Grape Buds: Grape buds on the vine during the growing season.
- Green Parts of the Vine: Green parts of the vine during the growing season.
- Life Story of a Grape Cluster: Development of a grape cluster over a growing season.
- Table Grape Varieties for Michigan, MSUE bulletin E2642.
Vine training systems
- Visit the vine training systems page for more information on the purpose, principles, advantages and disadvantages of the different kinds of training systems.
- Requirements for becoming and operating a winery
- Engineering a Modern Vineyard Trellis
- Sources of Vines for Wine Grape Varieties
- Vineyard Establishment 1: Preplant Decisions, MSUE bulletin E2644.
- Vineyard Establishment 2: Planting and Early Care, MSUE bulletin E2645.
- A 21st Century Model Concord Vineyard: Status of a project at the MSU Southwest Michigan Research & Extension Center that seeks to increase the yield per acre of Concord grapes of acceptable market quality.
- Grapevine Cold Hardiness: Mechanisms of Cold Acclimation, Mid-Winter Hardiness Maintenance, and Spring Deacclimation.
- Assessing and Managing Grapevines in Response to Winter Injury
- Construction of Equipment for Hilling-up and Taking-Out Soil Around Grafted Grapevines
- Mechanics for Avoiding Injury to Cold-Tender Grape Varieties
- Estimating Functional Nodes Retained in Winter and/or Frost Damaged Vineyards